Ansell is committed to reducing glove allergenicity at every stage of the manufacturing process. This is achieved by refining the use of chemical accelerators, like Diphenylguanidine (DPG), reducing residual protein levels throughout the production process and ongoing investment in research and development to produce the best glove products possible.
Recognising that chemical allergies and contact dermatitis are a growing concern in the healthcare industry, Ansell has developed a DPG-free polyisoprene formulation. The improved, DPG-free polyisoprene formulation provides total allergy prevention and latex-like comfort for healthcare workers suffering from latex allergies and Type IV allergies caused by DPG.
Comprehensive Product Range
Ansell is proud to offer the most comprehensive range of examination and surgical gloves on the market, including a specialised range of low-allergenicity gloves for the allergy sufferer.
Ansell’s low-allergenicty range includes powder free latex products with non-detectable residues of chemical accelerator and latex-free and chemical accelerator-free gloves.
Innovation and Ansell’s Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Ansell is committed to offering quality alternatives for individuals affected by adverse glove reactions. Ongoing investment in research and development to deliver innovations in manufacturing technology has resulted in significant innovations from Ansell in glove manufacturing processes.
- Use of PV100 accelerator
Ansell has pioneered the use of this unique accelerator, which breaks down during the manufacturing process, leaving non-detectable residue and minimizing the risk of developing a Type IV delayed type hypersensitivity
- Thiuram free formulations where possible**
Thiurams are the most potent sensitizers, so by eliminating them from the formulation Ansell reduces the risk of developing a Type IV delayed type hypersensitivity
- Ansell medical gloves do NOT contain other chemicals linked to Type IV delayed Type hypersensitivity such as lanolin or polyoxipropyleneglycol
- Ansell’s own Protein and Endogenous Allergen Reduction Leaching (PEARL) hot water leaching process ensures very low levels of residual chemical accelerators
- Unique chemical accelerator free surgical and examination gloves
- Ansell’s Advanced Rheology Technology (A.R.T.) improves film formation and eliminates glove weakness thus ensuring the highest quality standards are maintained
- A combination of soft latex formulation and Ansell proprietary formers ensure high levels of tactility and comfort
- Ongoing research and development of new formulations and manufacturing processes to constantly improve our products’ benefits by Ansell’s Science and Technology division
Download a copy of the Chemical Accelerators in Medical Gloves brochure to view the chemical accelerator content in each of Ansell’s products.
Ansell's Glove Solutions for Allergy Sufferers
Ansell manufactures a comprehensive range of glove solutions for healthcare workers with a latex allergy or chemical accelerator sensitivity.
Natural Rubber Latex-Free Gloves
Ansell’s range of latex free surgical and examination gloves, suitable for use by people who suffer from Natural Rubber Latex Allergy (Immediate Type I Response):
Natural Rubber Latex-Free and Chemical Accelerator-Free Gloves
Ansell’s latex-free and chemical accelerator-free surgical and examination gloves suitable for sufferers of a Delayed Contact Dermatitis (Type IV Response):
Additional Information and Resources
- More information regarding Ansell’s range of Latex allergy gloves, chemical accelerator allergy gloves and chemical accelerator sensitivity gloves is available here.
- For more information about Ansell’s R&D efforts visit www.ansell.com
- View the full list of references cited in the Allergies & Sensitivities section